Sunday, August 24, 2008

School Days...

Well, I'm a little late at getting to this (typical!) but school started for Abby and Adam this last Thursday (yes, Thursday. What a random day to start school, but oh well.) I've been dreading this since they got out of school for the summer. I love having my kids home! But, I really like the structure and schedule that we're forced to get on during school. I think I'm about the worst at getting up in the morning and actually being happy. Not my forte. But, it's a work in progress!

Adam on the first day of school. Hopefully he'll grow into those pants!


Anyways, Ben gave the kids blessings Wednesday night. It's awesome to have a husband that not only is able to give blessings but wants to as well. What a blessing! Abby and Adam didn't really have a hard time getting to sleep, which surprised me since they were so excited! I went down to get them up and they jumped out of bed when I came in & started getting ready right away. Adam said (as he was sitting on his bed in his underwear) "Okay Mom, I'll see you tonight!" He was so excited to go to school all day this year. I can't believe he's in 1st grade. And Abby's in 3rd! Time flies. I don't realize how much I rely on my kids to just be there until they're not. I miss them so much! There are countless times throughout the day when I wonder, "What are they doing right now?" But, I've enjoyed the time I've been able to spend with my two little ones. They're not going to be little for much longer!

Sweet Abby.


Amber and Allie don't know what to do with themselves without Abby and Adam. Amber's preschool doesn't start until next Tuesday, so she's just kind of hanging out. All of her friends on our street are in school, so she has no one to play with except Allie. Maybe this will teach them to get along a little better! Let's hope. :)

Amber and Allie waiting for the kids at the bus stop.


Abby and Adam getting off the bus at our corner. Yay! They're home!

One day last week (I think Thursday, actually) Amber got a massive sliver in her foot. I'm talking HUGE!!! Ben had her lay on the couch in the office and tried to dig it out. His equipment was a very bright flashlight, a pin and some tweezers. To keep her somewhat happy, he would occasionally tickle her foot to make her laugh. (What a good dad!) Well, the next day Amber thought that Allie needed a "sliver" taken out of her foot. So she got the really big flashlight, pretend tweezers, and a pretend pin and started to "take the sliver out". She ended up just holding the flashlight just like daddy (between ear and shoulder) and tickling Allie's foot to death. Allie couldn't get enough of it and giggled and giggled. It was really cute. Probably cuter than it sounds, but oh well.

Amber taking the "sliver" out.

So, tomorrow I'm taking the little girls to the spray park with some friends one last time before it cools off for the year. Before we know it it'll be Christmas! Yikes! Time really does fly...

7 comments:

Stephers said...

They are so cute. What fun times. I can't even relate to the school days, but it looks fun to be able to be waiting there to pick them up after a fun filled day at school :) Enjoy the time with the younger two, it will be tons of fun!

Harris Family said...

What precious kids! I love them. Thanks for letting me be a part of your family's life. I can't believe I taught three of them in preschool! Where in the world does time go??? What cuties. Btw, thanks for coming to the spray park today. It was a lot of fun. I think we should do something once a month to let the babies play. wdyt?

Stephers said...

Hey, Kathryn is coming into town and we haven't decided on a day yet to get together. Are you going to be in town in the next week or so?? If so, let us know and we will try and work something out. It would be great to see you!

Nicole said...

I like your new background! And I can't believe you have a 3rd grader! I'm sure you can't believe it either!

Allison said...

Your kids are so cute. I bet I will be the same way when my kids go to school. I had Caitlyn in preschool and pulled her out because I'm not ready to have her grow up!

Suzy said...

What a cute sliver story! I can totally picture it.

Devon said...

You are such a good mom. I have to admit, I've been counting down to school starting, just because summer time has gotten the kids so stir-crazy! But I do occasionally wonder what they're doing at school (but not enough to want it summertime again yet!)