Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What's Up!

We've had such a busy summer this year! Well, busy for us anyways. Over the 4th of July we went camping, so the 4th pretty much didn't happen for us. Then over the 24th we were in Park City & guess what? There are no fireworks in Park City. So, the 24th didn't happen for us either. Oh well! We had fun anyways. While we were in Park City, we ran into some really good friends of ours - the Hams. I've known Matt (& the rest of the Ham's) since I was 3 & Matt's wife, Lori, was one of my very best friends in High School (& afterwards, too). Of course, I didn't get any pictures, but it was wonderful to see you! Good luck settling in to your new life in California! I promise when we come to Disneyland next we'll let you know & we can hang. Like homies. :) (I'm such a nerd!)The kids & I at "the fountain"

While we were in Utah we took the kids downtown to see Temple Square because they've never seen it in the day & downtown was where we used to spend a LOT of time. We showed them the spot where Ben proposed to me (at City Creek Park, on the bridge) and we showed them the Church Office Building ("Is Pres. Monson there RIGHT NOW?!?!?!") and temple square where there were about 2,000 brides (okay, maybe 5 but Abby & Amber were in bride heaven!) Then it just got too hot, so we went back to my parents house. It was fun though!


Us @ the Christus. Keeping 4 kids reverent is so hard when they've never seen this stuff before!

This last weekend my parents came up and we did LOTS of 4-wheeling. I'm so converted to 4-wheelism! (That's so sacreligous, sorry!) We had a lot of fun - well, Ben and I did. It can get stressful to come into a house with 4 kids and 2 dogs, but I know my parents just eat it up. I took our camera w/ us out to the sand dunes & didn't take any pictures. Oops! (and I scratched up my new camera!) So here is one w/ my parents and the kids eating lunch. Good times! :)

Today, I'm going to get new contacts. I'm so excited to see again! One day I'll have the Lasik done (as well as a few other things worked on - ahem - 4 kids!!!) but until then I'll have to enjoy the feeling of new, fresh contacts & being able to see longer than 1/2 the day. Have a great day! Oh, by the by - school starts in 2 weeks!!! I keep thinking I'm ready, but to say goodbye to 2 of our kids for a whole day of school does not make me excited!

My mom left the bracelet (on the teddy bears head) and Amber HAD to make it into a crown.

Adam really wanted me to take this picture of him hugging Allie. He totally loves her!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Great pictures! At least you didn't get stuck in the sand. One of these days we'll have to "tag along" to see what it's really like 4 wheeling.

Stephers said...

So fun to see what you have been up to this summer. You need to tell us when you are in town the next time and we need to get together and have the kids play! Glad you were able to see Matt & Lori, they stopped by here as well when they were in town and I just love seeing them, I am sad that they are so far away now :(
Darling kids, they look like siblings, but yet they have have their individual looks. Each is just darling! Hope to see you soon.

Hollie Wood said...

Aw man! You were down here...we were up there! I guess that's how it goes sometimes. Well, we come to Island Park every August so next time we come up I will for sure email you so we can get together for lunch! =) K and I'm so dumb...I went back to my email to try and email you a response from your comment on my blog and somehow it got deleted so could you email me your email address again! Thanks! I hope we can get together soon! Take care!

Harris Family said...

Cute pictures! We missed your kids this week and you too! I'll catch up with you this week sometime.