Amber finally started her 2nd year of preschool today! She's been waiting and counting down the days & it's finally here! Last year she went to Kellie's preschool (and I helped with the class, so I got to go with her - it was fun!) but this year - since Kellie's moving - she started preschool at Little Cougars Preschool taught by Mrs. Clark. I've been a bit nervous about her going because (as anyone who knows Amber is aware) Amber is really attached to me and I'm not helping with her class this year. She has a very hard time going to Sunbeams still because I play the piano in primary and she can see me, so she thinks she has to be with me. I thought she would throw a pretty good fit when I left her at preschool this morning, but she was awesome!!! She went right in and started playing & didn't even notice that I was still standing there. I tried to say goodbye to her & she wouldn't pay any attention to me, so out I went! Yay!!! Karolyn (Mrs. Clark) is wonderful with her, so I'm sure it'll be a great year. All of the preschool kids wore these cute little preschool t-shirts so Mrs. Clark could take a group picture of them. The thing Amber was the most excited about was wearing a belt. The things kids get excited about! A belt!
Amber by "the tree". Please ignore the shaggy grass! We just don't want to mow anymore! :)
Here's a close-up. I could not keep the hair out of her face, but she didn't want anything in her hair. Oh well!
Amber in front of her preschool. I just love this picture. She's such a cutie!
Abby and Amber also start dance today. Amber already had her class and once again, did awesome. I stood upstairs & watched her just to observe the class (not that I know anything at all about dance, but still!) and she was so cute. She's still in her dance outfit because she wants to show Abby and Adam her new dance when they get home. Right now she's all but asleep on the couch downstairs because she's had such a big day. She's exhausted! We'll see how Abby does at dance, but I'm sure she'll be great. Before we moved up here she took a dance class at the Treehouse out in Draper & she was a year younger than everyone else & still picked everything up like it was second nature. I'm so proud of my girls!
Amber right now. She's so tired, so Mary Poppins downstairs it is!
As for Adam - he's pretty sure he wants to take karate. He keeps doing "cool karate moves" on the trampoline & he's pretty sure he's awesome! (He is awesome!) The other day he told me that he wants someone to teach him karate. We'll have to see what we can find. It would be the perfect sport for him I think.
Adam & his "invention". A slingshot duct taped to the top of a cowboy hat. The idea is he'll launch a water balloon straight up in the air and catch it on his hat. We never did take it for a test run. Maybe after school today...
Just a little random thing that I loved this last week. Amber was taking her usual nap on the living room floor & Allie thought she would help out. So she stacked pillows up on Amber's head. She stacked 7 pillows on her head in a tower - a pretty big accomplishment for a 2 year old! And Amber slept through the whole thing. We showed her pictures after she woke up & she got a pretty big kick out of it.
Allie stacking the pillows
The finished product
And Amber slept through the whole thing.
I'm starting to get into the school routine now. It's much easier to get up and stay up now than it was even a week ago. I just love to sleep! It's also easier to send my kids to school now because I know how much fun they have & how peaceful and quiet it is at home!
Well, until I have something else to say, have a great day! Thanks for visiting and keeping up on what's going on with our family. Let me just say, I'm loving the blogging thing! (And facebook!) I've found so many people that I've completely lost touch with and I've missed them and wondered what they're up to. I had no idea how to get in touch with most of you until I found out about this whole blogging and facebook thing. So, I'm loving it! Welcome to our family!
5 comments:
Jennie, that is SOOO funny -- those pillows! Amber must have been Completely exhausted!
And she sure looks cute in those PreSchool pictures. How fun.
You're welcome to stop by at my place anytime if you feel so inclined, after dropping Amber off at Preschool or whenever.
So, how many hours during the day do you get just one at home now?
Cute Jennie! I am so excited for Amber and also sad that I'm not her teacher anymore. what a little ray of sunshine she is. Your kids are great.
That is so cute! And wow, that is a lot of pillows for a two year old to stack. That was amazing, way to go Allie! And so funny to see Amber buried under them all.
I bet that is weird to only have one child at home on preschool days. Amber looks so cute and excited for school!
That is so funny! I can't believe little Amber slept through all that! She's so stinkin cute. And I love Adam's invention. Tanner would get a kick out of that.
Post a Comment