Monday, June 9, 2008

June So Far


I finally got the pictures off of my camera. I guess I'm not doing too bad on typical Jennie time. So, this might be a long one, but it's an update on what's happened the past little while. Most recently (like 5 min. ago) I went outside to take a picture of Adam's "ant collection". He came in and said, "Mommy, Daddy, I don't think I want an ant collection anymore. They keep biting me all over the place!" So, if you look closely, you can see a plastic baggie full of dirt and ants. I think he's dumped it out now. Of all the things to collect, why something that's creepy-crawly? I HATE BUGS!!! Oh well, he's a boy! :)





The other day it was really rainy (it actually snowed for awhile!) For some reason summer just won't come! Spring is hardly even here, I think. Anyways, we were tired of sitting in the house so we decided to go on a little picnic and see if we could find a nice place for the kids to play. We went looking for good weather and a picnic table but instead we found rain and a river, so here is a picture of us having a picnic in the back of the Yukon. It was actually a lot of fun and gorgeous! If any of you ever make it up here, it's a must-see drive. The river behind us is the Henry's Fork of the Snake River. Apparently it's a famous fly-fishing spot, but I wouldn't know. It was so pretty!






Adam had a big month. First of all, he graduated from Kindergarten. Yeah! He also learned how to tie his shoes and ride a two-wheeler. The last two could have happened a lot sooner, but we just didn't work with him on it. He's so excited to be more independent. And it's a lot of fun to go on family bike rides now that we can go a little faster. He's at a really fun age where he's so curious about everything and it's a lot of fun to have "grown-up" conversations with him. He and Ben went to Fathers & Sons this last weekend and had a great time swimming and camping. Especially the hot dogs and marshmallows, says Adam. The girls stayed home and had some friends over and watched princess movies and painted toenails. We're such girls! Here is a picture of Adam tying Amber's shoes. What a great big brother!

Everything else has been pretty uneventful. It's not warm enough to really do much outside. I'm really enjoying having the kids home for Summer break. School always starts way too soon for my taste and this year we'll have 2 full-timers when Adam goes to 1st grade. Abby will be in third grade this next school year! Yikes! They grow up way too fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like your kids. they sound really cute and happy.