Monday, June 30, 2008

A Few Things...

Hello Everyone!
So, first of all, Allie turned 2 on Friday. And of course this was the first day she refused to take a nap, so it didn't go as smoothly as it could have, but we had a good time. I guess she's definately 2, right? My baby is 2!!! At this point with all of the other kids I've been ready to pop with another one, so I'm pretty happy to not be there now, but kind of sad, too. We're so blessed to have 4 sweet kids. I don't know how we got so lucky (and sometimes I feel like I don't deserve it!) but I'm so grateful that we've been so blessed.
Allie loves teddy bears and Winnie the Pooh, so for her birthday we pretty much stuck to those things. Abby gave her a pink teddy bear and when she opened it she very loudly said "BEAW!!!" (meaning "bear") then Amber gave her a Tigger toy and when she opened that she very loudly said, "HOO HOO HOO" (meaning "Tigger"). What a cutie! It's a bittersweet feeling watching my baby grow up. I sure enjoy my kids a lot more when I'm not hugely expecting another one! :)






Another thing...

People up here in general don't have air conditioning in their houses. They say they don't need it except for about 2 months out of the year, which is correct, but for those two months it is so desperately needed. So, my wonderful parents let us have theirs (which has been sitting on their roof unused for the past 10 years since they got central A/C). Ben got up on the hot roof this weekend and got it hooked up and working and let me tell you... it's heavenly!!! He wouldn't pose well, but I wanted to take a picture of him with his head in our ceiling since that's how he spent almost an entire day! Thank you for making our home liveable this summer, Ben. Just another reason why you're my hero.


So, one more thing...
We're going camping tomorrow!!! We're so excited. Amber and Allie have never been camping before and Abby and Adam don't remember camping since it's been so long since they've been. That's so foreign to me since I grew up camping all the time. So, we decided to just do it and now we're really, really excited. I'll let you know how it goes and hopefully I'll remember to take some pictures!!!

5 comments:

Stephers said...

You have been busy! I cannot believe your baby is (2). How exciting. That is awesome your parents let you have the AC unit, that is a blessing I am sure. It is sure hot already this summer and it is only going to get hotter. I love seeing pictures of your kids, they are darling. Have fun camping, I am jealous!

Nicole said...

Congrats to Allie! It makes me sad that your youngest is two and I think the only kiddo of yours I have met is Abby!

Jennifer said...

Happy b-day to everyone! It was is crazy to think that Allie and Savannah are two! Time sure does fly.

Becca said...

I don't know how anyone can go without an A/C! I wouldn't be able to go without it for a day, let alone 2 months. Happy birthday to your youngest and have fun camping!!

John-David and Kathryn said...

Jenny
You are so lucky that this is the first time she is refusing to nap. We seem to have that battle on a daily basis now. Where are you going camping at? You are so close to Island park, you need to go there some time. So glad you have the a/c now. It's so nice.

Kathryn