Sunday, May 4, 2008
Ode to Kellie
My best friend just told me that she's moving to Afton, Wyoming. Well, actually she told me on Friday night, but it's taken me this long to get my head wrapped around it. Just after we moved to Idaho, I was having a particularly tough day. I was pregnant w/ Amber and Abby and Adam were just having one of those days. I was crying and hating Idaho and missing Utah so much. So I said a quick prayer and said "Heavenly Father, I just need a friend." And I got up and Kellie called. She's just one of those rare friends that I clicked with that knows me well enough to put up with me no matter what. She lets me talk to her when I'm upset, or excited, or frustrated and she feels it right along with me. I guess she just kind of filled in when my family couldn't be there and I feel like that's kind of what she's turned into. She has taught all of my kids in preschool and she lets them come and play and mess up her house, but then she makes them clean it up and I love it! I'm very excited for her because her husband got a new great job and she can finally be the mom of her dreams, but I'm sad that my friend is leaving. We can still be buddies though, because Afton is only and hour and a half away! So, I'll hopefully get to enjoy this summer with my friend before she leaves. Kellie - you're one in a million. Thanks for everything!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yes, we will ALL miss Kellie and her family. :( She is one of those gals who are always there when you need someone. Afton is getting a jewl!
Kellie is leaving?! :( How sad for you guys. Kellie was always so kind to us and our little family as well. Tell Shane Congrats for us. I know this change in jobs will be great for them.
Oh and congrats to Abby! I can't believe she is 8!! When I first met her she was in Kellie's preschool and so adorable, well she is still adorable!
It is so sad to have friends like that leave you. Good friends that ryou really click with are priceless.
Post a Comment