Monday, April 28, 2008

Nothing is happening!

I realized that I haven't posted for almost 2 weeks, so I just thought I'd let whoever reads this to know that we're still around. Nothing is happening here. Nothing. Well, unless you count cleaning the house (completely!!!) or scrubbing the kitchen table (including legs and chairs, finally!!!). We moved Amber down into her "new" bedroom and she is in love with it. I haven't moved all of her clothes down yet, so she'll come upstairs to get her clothes, then go back downstairs to her room and get dressed. It's so cute. Today she saw a "teeny baby spider" on her blinds and said, "Mommy! There's a teeny baby spider on my blinds. I don't like that spider, even it's a good spider, not a bad spider, but I don't like that good spider. Even it has a mommy and a daddy and a sister and a brother spider and even it's mommy has lots of babies in her tummy, but I don't like that teeny good spider." She can really describe things and go on and on about them. Ben and I laugh when we're driving because when Amber says something, it takes about 5 minutes for her to finish telling you all of the details. And really quick, before I forget I have to describe this adorable thing that Allie does. She calls all cats "mow". Sometimes dogs too. But anyways, our cat will come in the house and Allie will follow her around on her hands and knees saying, "Mow, mow, mow" forever. Then when she wants the cat to come it she'll go to the back door and knock on it and say "mow, mow, mow" until we let the cat in so she can follow it around again. I probably doesn't sound as cute as it is, but oh well. Oh, Abby is getting baptized this weekend! I cannot believe she's that old!!! I need to get the pictures of her birthday party developed so I can post them (we had to use the old fashioned disposable camera because our digital camera is so severely broken). She is so excited to get baptized and I think it's wonderful. I'm so proud of her for making this decision, but at the same time, I hope we've made it a decision for her and not just something that is expected of her. It's a bit intimidating as a parent to teach your child about the responsibility and blessings that come with being baptized and I hope we've done a good job. She seems to understand, though. On a different note, it's 70 degrees here today! It is absolutely gorgeous. I didn't think it would ever get this warm. Our snow is just about gone. All we have left is a huge pile in the front that is always in the shade, so there is no chance that it'll melt anytime soon. Well, that's it. Sorry it's so rambling and uneventful, but that's us right now. I'll post pictures after the baptism on Saturday

1 comment:

John-David and Kathryn said...

You must be a good mom with good children because we never have an uuneventful day let alone two weeks. Enjoy it while it lasts. Can you believe your baby is getting baptized? They grow up so fast. Where does all the time go?