Since I failed to do so on Sunday, I'll say it now. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!!! I had a great one. The kids woke Ben up extra early and wanted to make me breakfast, which was sweet. Then they gave me all of their presents, which turned out to be a ton since they had each made something for me at school. (Then when we got home from church they gave me the ones from church. Fun!) They also gave me roses, a Disney songbook for the piano (I lost my old one when we moved 3 yrs. ago. Yeah!) and a sweet Willowtree statue. What a good day. Oh, and Ben smoked some salmon for dinner. What a great husband. He HATES fish, but he'll still let my salmon touch his grill. It must be love.
Today was Adam's kindergarten talent show. It was adorable. He did a version of "One, Two, Buckle my Shoe" with Ben. It's in the "Where the Sidewalk Ends" or one of the books by Shel Silverstein. It was so funny. He couldn't stop giggling and pointing at Ben and everyone was just laughing at him. Which is great for Adam because it's his dream to be funny. Not a self-conscious bone in that kids body. I loved it.
Today was also my birthday. Yep, I went and turned 30. I don't feel any older. Actually, I still feel like I'm 18, but I don't look it! :) I had a great birthday. Ben and the kids got me a new bike!!! With a trailer I can pull the girls in!!! I'm so excited. And I got doughnuts from my friends Kellie and Lisa. Doughnuts are the doorway to my heart. I LOVE them. I promise when I get a new camera (who knows when that will be?) I'll take pictures and post them. I've taken a few on my phone, but it's not as easy and convenient to download them. So, to sum up: Happy Mother's Day last Sunday, and Happy Birthday to me!
5 comments:
Happy 30th... I am also glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day :)
Sounds like there is never a dull moment at your house, FUN!
Happy Birthday!!! Are you guys going to around for fishermen's breakfast? I think we will try to come down and say hi!
Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a good day. I have been thinking of getting one of those trailers for my bike; you will have to let me know if you like it!
Happy Birthday, Jen! How were those doughnuts? Glad you had a great day.
Sorry, I have been SO bad at posting comments. We did think about you on your birthday though, hope you had a great day! And Happy mother's day your kids are so lucky to have you as their mom.
Post a Comment