
Our snow is finally starting to melt! I rebelled against the snow today (since it was around 65 outside! :) and let the kids wear sandals & no jackets. There are some kids that live down the street that run around (in the snow!) with shorts, no shoes or socks, no jackets, and they're only 4!!! Any
ways, this is what our backyard looks like now.
Just a few weeks ago, it looked more like this (on the left). SO MUCH BETTER! We actually have tulips coming up in front now. I don't think we'll have any apples on our trees & we definately don't have time to get a garden done this year, but I'll take the grass and sunshine.
+010.jpg)
Here's a random picture of Allie. Ben took the dog's bed into the Living Room today and Allie sat in it with her teddy bears (she can't get enough of them!) and drank her bottle (yes, she's almost two, but I've been lazy about taking it away.) and she just sat there and watched Nemo for the longest time! Which is saying something because she's a highly active little girl. It was so cute! Note Amber's naked "Baby Beauty and the Beast" behind her. The girl can't keep clothes on her dolls!
+007.jpg)
Then tonight was FHE and Mommy forgot to make a treat, so we had ice cream cones. I should have known better. I walked out of the room and the older kids thought it would be funny to teach Allie to smear ice cream all over her face. (Which by the way is what we've been teaching her not to do for the past year or so :) So this is what I came in the kitchen to find. Here are a few pictures of Adam and Amber that they really, really wanted me to take. But, they're cute!
+003.jpg)
+004.jpg)
So anyways, all is well. The basement is almost done. Tomorrow we're going to pick up all of the trim and the couches and hopefully the TV (if we can find the one we want on sale!) I'll post pictures when it's all done. I'm so proud of Ben for taking on this monstrous job and seeing it through. What a great husband! And a pretty good handyman, too! We're lucky to have him.
2 comments:
YEA for melting snow!!! Thank GOODNESS it's finally melting! I only wish our spring was just a little longer, warmer. Not so short and cold. . . But hey, some is better than none, right?
Love the ice cream pictures!
It was fun to see you! Thanks so much for coming to my shower and for the monitor! You're awesome! I like your new blog. And your songs. Very cute! We're excited to come visit in July! Talk to ya soon. -Suzy
Post a Comment