I think I have the most uneventful/eventful life ever! I swear I feel like I'm always busy & something is always going on, but I never have anything to blog about. So, here goes nothing!
Christmas was great! And fast! We spent Christmas morning here at home & then headed down to Utah later in the day. It was so nice to have Christmas Eve and morning at home as a family. The kids were very happy and surprised even though they really didn't get anything that they had asked for. Oops! :) We had the Christmas party with my family later that day & the next day we went to Fat Catz & had Christmas with Ben's family. The kids loved bowling!!! I didn't realize that we never take them until we had to explain to them how to bowl. It was a lot of fun! We staying in Utah until New Year's Eve then came home to a freezing house! Our furnace went out while we were gone & it was 40 degrees in our house when we got home. Cold!!! And since it was a "holiday" (New Year's Eve - come on!) we had to pay the HVAC guy time & a half to come fix it. But, it's now up and running with no more problems (as of yesterday - finally!) What a blessing it is to have heat!
At the beginning of December we found out that we're having another boy. We're so excited! But I think we're in for it because this little guy is kicking like crazy already! I'm only 25 wks along & he's already kicking my ribs and I don't sleep well. Oh boy! I'm having a lot of problems with my back & tailbone and I can't really walk all that well already, so exercising is out. Consequently, weight gain is in! I'm ready to be done just so I'll stop gaining weight! But, I know I'll lose it after a while. I really can't complain though (even though I do). I have been so blessed to be able to have beautiful, healthy babies. I know so many people that have a hard time having children and it's never been a problem for us. We're lucky.
Ben and I are headed to Memphis this weekend. He has training meetings so I'll be hanging out in the hotel room by myself for about 3 days. I'm so excited! I haven't had much time to myself lately so I'm going to take some yummy smelling bubble bath & a couple of good books and some earplugs and relax! Memphis isn't my favorite city (it's kind of scary!) so I won't be going anywhere by myself but I'm really looking forward to having some time totally alone. And the best BBQ in the world!
So that's about it! I have another ultrasound at the end of the month to see if I still have to have a c-section. I've never had one before so I think it would definitely be something to experience, but I think I'd be as nervous about having this little guy as I was with my first. We'll have to see. I hope you're all doing well!
4 comments:
That sounds like my pregnancy with Jonah. He was huge and kicked me constantly. He was such a good baby though, so it evened out! I have had both of mine C-sections and they are not bad at all. The recovery wasn't bad either. Hopefully you won't have to have one, but if you do really they aren't bad.
Too bad you weren't in TN this last weekend. Jared just got back from TN last night. He enjoyed the BBQ. :) Have fun.
I see a trend in your last few posts..."worst blogger, sorry, never have anything to blog about" All your words, not mine- Jennie you are so cute- don't even worry for a second about your blog. Blogging is for you not us. Sure I love to read about your cute cute family(and no you are not boring)- but blogging should be about remembering and preserving your life for YOU! To be able to look back on and for your grandkids to read about. I feel a little pressured sometimes to post only the fabulous parts of my life- but I want to remember the frustrating and seemingly mundane ones too. I saw a super cute idea in a magazine the other day where a family took a box that you would keep pictures in and filled it with index cards-one for each day of the year and at dinner each night they would write a sentence about the happenings of the day. Then the next year they would do the same thing on the same days card until the card was full and then they would add more. Kind of like a mini journal. I believe that it's the small and simple things that mean the most and that will be your most cherished memories. My goal is to someday turn my blog into a book. As the year ended I read back through my posts from each month and it was surprising how much I had forgotten about- and they weren't big things either- just good memories. Don't beat yourself up over this whole blog thing. Do it for you and if it doesn't make you happy- then don't do it. Life goes by way too fast to worry. I love you to bits and by all means if you choose to keep blogging I will keep reading and loving every bit of it.
I'm really glad you haven't given up on blogging yet! I totally agree with Amanda that it should be more for you than the readers. I don't know if you keep a journal but I sure don't and blogging is one way for me to record my life. After my mom died we all wished she had been better about keeping a journal, no matter how mundane she might have thought it was we would have loved to read it! Anyway, congrats on another boy! That is so exciting!
Post a Comment