Monday, January 25, 2010

Nesting??? & my awesome parents!

So, Ben and I went to Memphis. He got sick. Really, really knock you down, 104 degree fever sick. I was so glad I was there to take care of him. He literally couldn't function let alone take his medicine when he was supposed to. So, we got him some Tamiflu, lots of Advil & Tylenol and even more sleep. And he's mostly better now. It's so scary and sad to see such a strong man get so sick. Luckily three of the guys Ben works with (out of the 300+) are members of the Church, so two of them were able to come and give him a blessing while we were in the hotel. They blessed him that he'd be able to rest well and travel home comfortably the next day. Well, that's about all he could do. We got home & he crashed! But we made it. Thank heaven for the priesthood!

While we were gone my mom came and took care of our kids. She was wonderful! She scrubbed my bathroom floors. I mean scrubbed. On her hands & knees with a scrub brush. Now, I had just mopped them a few days before, but I can't get down on my hands & knees and scrub. And in my bathroom we use hairspray and we have a white floor. It was gross. I took a picture of how clean it is now. Fortunately I don't have a before picture! Who would want to see that? :) And she did all of the laundry. And got it put away - which I can never seem to get to. While she was doing that my dad put a bar/island in the kitchen. Our kitchen had so little counter space it was ridiculous. It doesn't match - but who cares? We can fix that! And he swapped out stoves so we have one that works better and is a bit newer and matches the rest of the appliances. And since he can't have anything that isn't in perfect working condition :) he fixed a couple of squeaky chairs & fixed the hot water in the faucet. So, I have now officially entered the nesting phase a bit early. I'm not going to let this clean house go to waste! Since we've been home we've cleaned every room in the house, taken 3 full Yukon loads to DI, and one load to the dump. I'm so excited! We should have the baby's room done within the next two weeks too, so I'll post before/after pictures of that when it's done. It's amazing what a clean house can do! It just seems like everything is running more smoothly. It's really hard to keep up with things while I'm pregnant & I feel like I was just given a huge jump-start. I can do it now!

For some reason I can't upload more than one picture, so hopefully I'll figure it out & put more on. Blasted Blogger! So, this is sick Ben in our hotel in Memphis. I promise there were other pictures. I tried. :)

1 comment:

Stephers said...

Love a clean house. Nothing gets me in a better mood :) Glad your parent's helped you get a jump start. Glad to hear that Ben is doing better.