Friday, May 29, 2009

Visitors!!


We've had some visitors the past 2 weekends. My parents came up the weekend of the 16th for our 2nd piano recital. Which I didn't get pictures or video of. Oops. Abby and I played "Scarborough Fair" as a duet. She did great! All of the piano students did great! I was very pleased. Anyways - when my parents came up we went to see Mesa Falls. I guess we've never been there before with them. It was such a beautiful day!

My parents in front of the Upper Mesa Falls. So pretty! We had our picture taken too but it didn't work.




Then Memorial Day weekend my brother Tyler & his little family came to visit. We went to Yellowstone for the day. What an amazing place! We've been there quite a few times since we moved up here (since it's only an hour away) and I'm always amazed at how unique and beautiful it is. Of course I didn't get any pictures of them while they were here. Again - Oops. But I did get a bunch of pictures of Yellowstone. And guess what? We saw a bear!!! I've seen plenty of bears in zoos and at Bear World but I've never seen one in the wild. It was really neat!


A couple of the buffalo that we saw. One guy got out & stood about 3 feet in front of a buffalo & started teasing it. We drove away pretty quickly so that we wouldn't see him get trampled. Some people! :)





These are just a few of the elk that we saw. There were quite a few but I didn't want to get pictures of all of them.

The bear. We were so excited!! It was beautiful! Don't worry - we didn't get too close. It ran away shortly after I took this picture. We got to see a bear run in the wild! Awesome.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cool, neaver seen a Bear up there. How neat is that. We had thoughts of going to Yellowstone that weekend, but as you know, our plans changed.

Kelly said...

Gorgeous pictures. I hope you guys are doing well. Your kids are growing and are adorable!