Friday, May 29, 2009

Amber's Preschool


Amber had quite an eventful May in preschool. She has loved preschool this year! First they went to the zoo. Tautphaus Park Zoo in Idaho Falls is great. It's small so it doesn't cost a ton to visit but it has plenty of animals to entertain the kids. I love it! I think Amber's favorite part were the wallabies. She called them kangaroos of course. My favorite part were the monkeys. They were so active & funny. One was swinging from branch to branch for the longest time & another was "singing" to us. I think I was more fascinated than the kids were!

Amber and her "favorite friend" Baylee. These two are so cute together!

Allie loved the monkeys. This one was digging through a phone book to find hidden treats. She thought it was hilarious! (So did I actually)


Amber & the lions. If you look closely you can just see one through the bars. She would not take her glasses off. Very cute!


Amber & Allie on the tiger. Ben, Allie and I were lucky enough to go to the zoo with Amber's class.

Cute sisters!!

A couple of weeks later they had the fireman come & talk to them about fire safety. She got to try on the whole outfit & spray the hose & ride on the fire truck. She was so excited about all of it & raised her hand for every question. She was the first to volunteer for everything & wasn't a bit scared. I don't know that I've ever seen a child as full of life as she is. It's so fun to see.

Amber's class in front of the fire truck with the fireman. Our town has a volunteer fire department, so it was really nice of the fireman to come and talk to the kids.

She loved getting all of the gear on. Even the "smelly hat and coat".

And spraying the fire hose - on low of course.

On the way to the top of the fire truck Amber HAD to tell the fireman all sorts of stories. It is Amber after all. That's what she does!


She wasn't scared at all!! There were a couple of kids that weren't sure if they wanted to go, but Amber just hopped right on up!

Then came preschool graduation. Mrs. Clark has done a wonderful job this year with her preschool. Amber loved going. She told me yesterday that she already misses Mrs. Clark (even though she's one of my good friends & we see her quite often) Thanks for getting her ready for Kindergarten Mrs. Clark!

Our little graduate after she got her "diploma". She kept calling it her "gradulations". What a cutie!


Just one more picture. With a fake smile. Oh well.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can't believe how old these kids are getting. Amber is so cute. Wow!, her and RJ will be in Kindergarten.

Suzy said...

So cute! I love her sunglasses. Her hair is getting so long! Gradulations, Amber! :) We love you.