We made it back from Memphis! I took a few pictures, but none that turned out, so sorry! I actually found Memphis to be a bit scary. I've been so much more comfortable in Orlando when we've gone there. Maybe it's because I've lived in a small town for the past (almost) 6 years, or maybe it really was scary. Who knows? I spent a lot of time in the hotel, which was wonderful! It was great to be able to spend some time by myself since I don't get a lot of that & it's something that I value. Our hotel was just across the freeway from St. Jude's Children's Hospital. Ever since Adam was in Primary Children's for so long when he was a baby I've had such a fascination & respect for children's hospitals. So, I was going to take the trolley over to the hospital & visit, but I woke up with a sore throat & I didn't think they'd appreciate me bringing that in, so I watched people go in & out of the hospital from my hotel room window & wished them well. I didn't make it to Graceland, either. I know, I know. It's Elvis. But, we'll be going to back another year, so I promised I'd go then. But we did have some incredible ribs! So so so so good. I've been craving them since we got home so we're going to try our hand at some for dinner tomorrow. I'm excited!
Our kids did really well while we were gone. Ben's wonderful mom came to stay with them. They had a great time! If they had their choice all of our families would live with us. Or I guess we could just make it easy and live in Utah! If only. :) It was really nice that she tried to stick to our schedule & discipline. We didn't have to change or re-do anything when we got home. It was great! However. Our dog went into heat just before we left. It was awful. Abby said she was "overheated" and that meant that she's having puppies. She wants Sunny to have puppies so bad! So, needless to say, we're getting her fixed this next week. No more of that!!! My poor mother-in-law. She doesn't love dogs to begin with, then to have to deal with that! Yikes.
I'm working on getting Allie used to the idea of being potty trained. You think after potty training 3 kids it would be a breeze. It's not. I've found with the other kids though that once they have the idea in their head, it doesn't take them long to get used to the idea of using the potty. We went & bought the pinkest, girliest potty we could find & Allie hates it. I did get her to sit on it once, but that's it. So, it'll be an adventure for sure! Hopefully in the next few weeks we'll really get started on it. I know with the other 3 there were times that I had to practically scream in my head, "PATIENCE!!!!"
I've been in sort of a funk lately. I've found myself dwelling on things that don't need/deserve my attention. I don't know if anyone else gets that way, but it's frustrating! I find that I worry too much about what other people may or may not think about me. I always worry that people think I'm weird or awkward or fake or annoying. Seriously, why should it matter? So, I'm trying to start focusing on myself & my family more. That's what deserves the most attention anyways because that's what is most important. I feel like I do a pretty good job, but there is always room for improvement. So, basically - less time at the computer/on the phone/reading & more time with my kids & Ben. And more time with me, too.
8 comments:
Glad you made it back and had an enjoyable time. I'm not brave at all when it comes to new places and no one around. I would have stayed in my hotel room too, I did that even in Northern Idaho a few years back while Jared had a conference. I'm a Woouse (Ok have no idea how to spell that word).
Good luck with the potty training. Savannah only seems willing when we are out and about. RJ learned away from home as well. Something about someones else's potties, hmmmm?We were going to try in CA but with everyone getting sick so much, just didn't work. Back to diapers, I have no engery at the moment. Anyway, good luck!
What is with these funks?? I too am in one and it is driving me nuts!! I am worrying about the same stuff and I need to put it aside and pay more attention to my son and husband...good luck!! Hope the funk ends soon:)
I swear it must be a thing about January that gets people in a funk! Christmas is over New Years is over and now there is the rest of the cold of winter to get through. You'll get through it girl! We all have eachother to lean on and bounce stuff off of! :) And as far as worrying about being weird...EMBRACE IT! My life has been so much more fun since I accepted it about myself!! :) LOL!
Just so you know, you are like the least annoying or fake person I know. Good luck with the potty training; Kate is only 16 months and I am already dreading it!
You are so annoying and fake and definitely WIERD!!! Just kidding. LOL. I know what you are saying there-I get the same way. I have all this time to focus on family and laundry now and I'm on the computer. HMMM. I just think it's an excuse to not have to do the laundry, but the towels are getting a little smelly. I guess I should get off my hiney (sp?) and get it done! Shane would be so happy to come home to the laundry all put away. Maybe I should shock him and JUST DO IT! Or, maybe not. Wish me luck today!! Good luck to you.
Jennie, I think you do great. And yeah, I get the same way about ppl, too. Call me next time you get that way, and I'll tell you off for thinking so poorly about yourself. ;) j/k.
Thanks for coming over last week for the sister's lunch. It was great to visit. The kids really had a good time, too. Let me know if you need anything.
You worry too much! You are the sweetest person, I can't imagine people thinking any of those things about you :) But I hear you about the worrying part, I find myself doing that a lot! Glad you had a wonderful trip, I bet it was nice to just breathe without the kids with you 24/7 :)
I've been spending less time on the computer as well. I figured writing about my kids is great & all but spending time with them means a whole lot more. So anyway, I hear ya! And I don't think ANYONE ever thinks negative of you. You're way to fun & cute & sweet! And you ROCK at rock band! :) Are you guys going to come to vegas with us??? I hope so. Oh, and good luck with the potty training!!!
Post a Comment