Adam showing off the hole in his smile. The tooth fairy really does pay double. I wonder if she met Santa Claus that night?
Then New Year's Day, out came the other one! He just wiggled and wiggled & pulled it out himself! I was so proud of him! And relieved that I didn't have to pull it out myself! It was an eventful Christmas break for Adam! Oh, and his best friend moved back into town. He's so excited that they're going to be in the same class again this year. Seriously excited!
Now he has a bigger hole in his smile! Not a very great picture, but you get the idea.
The weather up here has been really weird lately. It snowed a bunch at the end of December. When we came home after Christmas we had a good 2 feet. Then it warmed up (unheard of up here!) and the top of the snow formed a nasty ice crust that is impossible to walk on & miserable to play in. It's so slippery. The kids were playing outside today & were sledding down the snow hill next to our driveway, like they do every year. Amber is really accident prone anyways, but she tried to walk up the hill & slipped & smacked her face really good on the ice. She has the biggest fat lip I've ever seen! I feel so bad for her! She scraped up her chin & bruised her cheek too. Poor little thing!
Amber scraped up face. The picture doesn't quite do it justice. Her lip is huge!
Another view of the lip.
Ben and I are headed to Memphis this Wednesday. I'm excited! I've never been there before. Even though Ben has to work pretty much the whole time, I'm looking forward to some peace & quiet. I'm going to miss Orlando this year though. I've loved going there every February with him. 80 degrees in February! Oh well. I'll still take 50 in January! Maybe I'll remember to take pictures this time! :)
4 comments:
Yeah Adam! What a cute smile! I love it when kids lose teeth and have fun toothless grins. It looks like you guys have had a great holiday season. Tell Amber that Mrs. Harris is sorry she got some ouchies, even with a fat lip, she's still the cutest little girl ever! We miss you all and hope to see you soon! Have fun on your trip this week. Isn't that where the famous pulled pork and sauce comes from? Yum-eat some for me!
Sounds like an eventful Christmas for you guys too! I love how excited Adam looks about his tooth fairy money - or is the excitement for the fact that he finally has a hole in his smile to show off! Kate can't wait to lose her first tooth!
That was so funny! New Years Adam was totally showing off his missing tooth, then a bit later, comes showing his other tooth! And poor little Amber. The pictures do NOT do justice. Have fun in Memphis!
I love the bottom picture of Amber. So contemplative! And I can't believe Adam lost two teeth so close together! How funny :) Have so much fun in Memphis!
Post a Comment