Sunday, September 28, 2008

Still nothing much...

Okay, sorry. Still nothing exciting happening. I don't have any new pictures, either. I'm busy making the kids Halloween costumes. 2 1/2 out of 4 are done. But, we'll be ready when Halloween rolls around! Ben was going to be gone over Halloween to a scouting/leadership week long training called "Wood Badge" over at Hoback Junction. (Just him and 2 members of the Bishopric) but they just informed him that they'll have to postpone that for various reasons. So, we get Daddy for Halloween! I'm so excited. I wasn't too thrilled to have to do that one on my own.
So, Ben's new calling is Young Men's President. Normally I don't think this calling would be all that overwhelming, but as the Bishop put it: "Our Young Men's program is in desperate need of recovery." So, he has his work cut out for him. He's already jumped headfirst into it (like he does with most everything!) and he's got some great ideas and support, so of course, he'll do a wonderful job. But, they have yet to release him from his previous position, so he's double busy. Take today for example: 7:30 he has PEC, 9:30 church starts & he gets to speak in sacrament meeting, then he has the Sunday school to handle (since he's still the president there) and then Young Men's to handle, 2:30 is Ward Correlation, 4:00 is home teaching, and I think that's it today. I think it just seems extra busy because Allie was up sick until 4:00 this morning, then up again at 6:30 for the day. So, Mommy didn't get much sleep. But, we're doing okay! And Allie is starting to feel better. She's down for a marathon nap now (hopefully!) Maybe I'll have to join her.
This week we're hoping to go to Yellowstone on Wednesday before it starts getting too chilly to go. This is something we try to do every year, but we didn't get the chance to go this past summer. The kids are out of school for the next 2 weeks for spud harvest. Yes, the kids in Idaho get out of school so they can help harvest potatoes. It's still a bit foreign to me, but necessary I guess.
I just have to add this: We went to Walmart the other day (the mall of Rexburg!) and they had $5 movies. Well, I saw "Milo & Otis" which I remember being a cute little kid movie, so we bought it. I put it on for the kids today while Allie is napping & they are downstairs rolling with laughter at these silly talking animals. It sounds a lot cuter when you hear them laughing in person! I LOVE hearing my kids laugh.
So, I guess I'll try to get some pictures of Yellowstone, just so you'll know that we really are still alive! If I remember, that is. Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

kathybrokens said...

Jennie, you have a cute blog. I was laughing today when Ben told me yours was titled the Lokey bunch and ours is the Brokens Bunch--then the header pics of both of our families at Mesa Falls!!! I guess great minds think alike!!

Stephers said...

Sounds like life is BUSY! Cool that Ben is the Young Men's President. He will be great. Sorry you are having to deal with sick kids, we just got over 2 weeks of being sick. Tis the season I guess. Love that they get out of school to help harvest the potatoes.. that is hilarious to me. Fun for you though :)

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Wow, congrats on the new calling for your husband!! It'll be lots of fun, and your family will totally be blessed for his enthusiasm for the work. :)

I know how you feel about boring--but I blog anyway, ha ha. :D

Suzy said...

Wow! It sounds like your ward is taking advantage of your poor husband! That's sad about Allie. I hope she is feeling better...she is so stinkin cute!!!

Sally said...

Sounds like a fun trip to Yellowstone! We LOVED it when we went! I wish we were only 1 hr away!
I hope your sicknesses all go away and that Ben can keep whip those boys into shape!
:)
Sally