Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's About Time!

It's been forever since I've posted. In fact, it's been so long since I've even checked other people's blogs that I forgot my password to blogger. Oops. I'm a slacker! Or, just a super busy mom! I tried to get some current pictures on here but we got a new computer & I can't get my pictures to download for some reason. Hopefully I can figure it out soon.

Let's see...since the last post the kids got out of school for the summer, and now they're back in school again. We had 5 birthdays in our family (out of 7 people), I started teaching preschool and piano again, I had surgery, Aiden got two teeth and started crawling, Amber lost two more teeth and Adam lost three. Oh, and Abby lost one too. And Allie thinks her teeth are all loose. Ben picked up about 5 more stores (thank goodness!) but he has to drive all the way to North Dakota now twice a month to see some of them (not so fun). And he hit a deer on one of his trips. Also, not fun. Adam started Karate, scouts and piano lessons, Abby started gymnastics (and piano and achievement days), Amber started dance and piano, and Allie started dance. We had 3 days of Halloween: Abby was a devil, Adam was a ninja, Amber was a witch, Allie was a blue fairy, Aiden was a monkey, I was an angel, and Ben was a salesman. :) I don't think we've ever been happier - or busier!

Aiden is honestly THE happiest baby I've ever seen in my life. He smiles at anyone and everyone and just randomly belly laughs. Tonight he was cracking up at Amber while she folded and unfolded paper. :) He rarely cries & is just all-around good natured. He just makes us all happy! And he's a tank!! He is 6 1/2 months old now & he weighs 22 lbs 11 ozs. A tank! But he's absolutely adorable. He holds his own bottle, is basically crawling and rolls everywhere. He eats baby food (and loves it!) He babbles and is starting to say, "DaDaDa" and "NaNaNa" we'll just pretend it's "Mama" and "Dada". We sure love him to pieces! 

The other kids are doing really well too. Abby is in 5th grade now & is so smart! She has some really good, cute friends that I hope she can stay friends with forever. Adam is in 3rd grade & is doing really well. The only thing he needs help with is remembering to hand in his homework & to pay attention to what he is reading! :) Amber is in 1st grade & is quickly learning how to really read. I was worried for a while about her reading but she's just taking off! Allie is in her 2nd year of preschool and is loving it! She's learning a few words and can tell us what sounds most letters say. 

So...we're still here and happy. I've just been busier than I've ever been in my entire life! I forgot how much work it is to have a baby around again - even though he is so good! Hopefully it won't be this long again before I get another post on here! :) Have a great day!

2 comments:

RaeLynn said...

Holy smokes! You sound CRAZY busy!! Good grief :) I'm so glad that you guys are happy though. That's what really matters, right?

I miss you Jennie!

Jennifer said...

We miss you guys!!! So excited to here a little bit about your family's growth. You do sound very busy but so happy! I can't even begin to imagine life with 5 kids! I can't even imagine Amber in 5th grade either, boy do they grow fast! By the way, we changed our blog address and some crazy vacation guy snatched our old blog address. Our new address is http://lifeinthewighthouse.blogspot.com/