Lately I've been B.U.S.Y. I completely forgot how much time and attention a newborn takes. He's adorable and fun and wonderful, but so time consuming! He's growing so fast! I swear he wants to eat 90% of the time! I actually stopped nursing because he was eating so often it was painful & I couldn't sit & feed him all day. It's turned out okay though. Ben & Abby get to help feed him now & Abby loves that! I'll get some pictures on here sometime. He's starting to smile and "talk" a little now. He's sleeping a bit better than he used to (except for last night!) I'm going to the doctor on Friday to see about my tailbone since it's not getting any better. I'm hoping they have good news for me. It doesn't feel very good though & I'm unbelievably tired of being in pain all the time! What I would really love right now is for my house to be as clean as it was a few weeks ago and to be able to keep up on laundry again. All in good time, right?
The kids last day of school is tomorrow. I can't believe another year is already over! They're sad to be done for the summer. Especially Abby. I think she's realizing that school is a social time too. She's had a rough time with one of her friends for the past few months. It makes me really sad. I just wish I could handle it for her or at least talk to her friend and tell her what a wonderful girl Abby is. But that wouldn't solve anything. I'm hoping this summer will help things cool off a bit. I remember 4th grade being the start of the "drama" with girls. I guess that's why I stuck with mostly guy friends! :)
I'm itching to get out of my house! I've been here since December. That's the longest stretch we've stayed home the whole 7 years we've lived here. It's only been 5 months, but I'm going nuts! Hopefully we'll be able to make a trip to Utah in July sometime. That's the plan anyways.
We really don't have a lot going on, I just thought I'd let you know we're still around. It's pretty crazy around here right now. I'm glad I've got such good kids! I haven't really had to worry too much about them staying where they're supposed to and doing what they're supposed to be doing when I'm taking care of Aiden. I'm a lucky lady!
p.s. I just read through this & it sounds very complain-y. I'm actually really happy! Weird. :)
1 comment:
No, Jennie, it doesn't sound like you're complaining. It just sounds informative. Sorry to hear about Abby. I hope she and her friend make up. It's so hard to just sit back and let our kids learn on their own when we've got the shirt, "been there, done that."
Hope you're able to "get out of house" like you hope. And yes, Aiden is so sweet!
Post a Comment