We finished the baby's room!!!
For one reason or another, we've never been able to have a "nursery" for any of our babies. We've always wanted one, but we've never been in a situation to do it. Well, this time around we have the space and (had) the tax money, and since we had to buy pretty much all new stuff anyways (since we got rid of ALL of our baby stuff), we decided to just redo the baby's room. Not to mention we're having a boy and the room was pink before. Boys just can't sleep in a pink room! :) It's the smallest bedroom in the house, so it didn't take all that much money, just time.
So, here's one of the "before" pictures. You can see the chair rail and pink and white paint. We never got around to finishing the base and trim in the room, so yes, it looked like this when Allie was sleeping in here. I also never put curtains up for some reason, so she always had this blanket on her window. How sad! That's her old bed and some blankets stacked up against the wall, buy you get the picture.
This should give you an idea of just how small the room is! That's the bed again on the right & the closet on the left & the same old, ugly, faded blanket over the window. Again, sad. The room is too small to get a really good shot of the whole thing, so just use your imagination. :)
This is from the doorway looking in. There's a glider rocker in the bottom corner of the picture, just in front of the closet doors (which you can't see) and new curtains! And they're blackout curtains - very dark! I think it turned out really cute. It's a lot cuter when you're actually standing in the room. It's very warm and welcoming and it's DONE!!! I'm really excited. So, now we just have to get through the next 9 weeks, or however long it takes for him to be done baking. I usually like all of my food a little on the doughy side though, so hopefully he'll follow suit & get here a couple weeks early. I'd sure appreciate it! If anyone wants to stop by & have a peek at the room - feel free!
6 comments:
Super cute. Love the name.... our little Aiden is just too cute. I am sure your will be just as cute :) We have that same little giraffe on your shelf in the babies room. Cannot wait to see picture of the new addition!
So cute! I would love to come see the cute room...you live so far away!!
I just got caught up, and I am so glad you are still posting!! And I love your clean bathroom floor. ;)
That is a cute room! So fresh and new looking! Can't wait till Aiden arrives!
YEA!!! I didn't know you completely finished the room! Why didn't you say so? I was even over the other day. Guess I'll just have to stop by again.
Love it! You have done wonderful! How exciting it is to have a 'real' nursery!
Very cute. Our baby room wasn't quite done so we have half boy/half girl. We really need to take care of that before he comes home. Not too many weeks left for you!!! You are almost done.
Post a Comment