So, I was looking at our family picture that is our header just a few minutes ago & I got really sad. I've realized that I'm not that person anymore. Physically or mentally. This pregnancy has been hard. Hard on my body & hard on my attitude and sanity. I don't feel like I'm a natural complainer - unless I'm pregnant. Then that's all I do! And I'm tired of it! I've reached the point (long ago actually) that I'm done. D-O-N-E done. Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited to have this baby. I guess I've reached the point that I'm ready to have him here. I feel like he belongs here instead of "in there". The kids are so excited to hold him and love him. Abby is even excited to listen to him cry. Allie is constantly "hugging the baby" or "laying on the baby" and sometime it hurts! Ben is almost more impatient than I am! I still have at 4 weeks left! Come on!
Two weeks ago I went in for a Dr.'s appt and he was concerned about my blood pressure, there was a little protein (in the pee :) ) and I've been swelling and having headaches. So he said I'd be on bedrest for the rest of my pregnancy and we'd deliver at 37 weeks. I went through the same thing with Abby (does anyone remember how HUGE my ankles were?!?!?) so I know what to expect. So, I made arrangements. I decided to finish preschool that week and not worry about teaching after the baby was born (after all - I needed to keep my blood pressure down, so get rid of stress!) I made arrangements for my mom or mother-in-law to come up and help with the kids (Thank you for being flexible!) and I called the Primary President to make arrangements to have a substitute fill in until after the baby came. Well, I went back to the doctor the next week and saw a different doctor. He said my blood pressure was great (even though it was a little higher than the week before?), there was no protein, the swelling was fine (of course - I'd been on bedrest for a week!) and I'd probably go until 39 weeks and then I can make the decision to be induced or not. He still said I need to stay down and be careful. Basically - "you know what to look for, just be careful". I was disappointed to say the least. I want a healthy baby and a healthy pregnancy, but as anyone who has been pregnant knows, when you're told that you're going to be pregnant for 2 (or 3) weeks less than expected, despite the bedrest, I was pretty stoked! Anyway, I don't know why it's bothered me so much. I know he needs to stay in there for a while longer & he'll be born when it's time, but I was given a little taste of getting back to the "real" me 2 weeks ahead of schedule. So, there's my complaint. Thanks for listening. Wish me luck for the next 4 weeks. I can do it!!!
p.s. I really do like my doctor - he's great - I'm just ready to be done. :)
Here I am! Not the best picture, oh well! He's ALL out front!
4 comments:
Cute prego picture :) Sorry that he will have to stay in there for a while longer.. just think, four weeks is NOTHING!!! You can do it :) Cannot wait to see pictures of the little guy!
Hang in there, Jennie! Just a bit longer. Find something to keep your mind off the uncomfortableness. We ought to go get pedicures!
Yay, a prego picture, I love it! It's so much more fun to see a cute pregnant girl, than to actually be one! I love your nursery, and his name. I can't wait to see a picture of him, good luck these last couple of weeks, you can do it!!!
You really look cute...if that makes you feel any better!! :) Good luck!! Ill be praying for you!!
Post a Comment