- Adam and Amber had their shared birthday. Adam turned 7 & is super excited about getting baptized and going to scouts in a year. Amber turned 5 & had her 5 yr old princess birthday party. She's really excited about going to Kindergarten in the fall.
- Allie also had a birthday and turned 3. Can you believe our baby is 3??? If we were to follow tradition we'd also have a 1 yr old right now. Yikes!! She got to spend her birthday with the "big" family down in Utah. It was fun!
- I cut Allie's hair for the first time. :( It was a sad, sad day but it had to be done.
- We also finally potty trained Allie... for about 3 days. Now she's had a really quick setback but hopefully tomorrow we'll get her excited about it all again! (I'm praying she gets excited again because I've been changing stink for 9 yrs straight & I'm tired of it!!)
- Amber learned how to ride without training wheels & thinks she's the coolest!
- The three older kids completed swimming lessons. I don't know how I ever lived without swimming lessons before! They loved it, I loved it & I don't flip out when they get near water anymore. I would highly recommend it!
- We went down to Utah for the first time this summer & had our family pictures taken. It was fun to be down there since it's been a while. While we were there we went to the West Jordan City Park (which I used to live right by, but haven't been there for a while obviously.) It has THE most amazing playground I've ever seen! We're going again over the weekend of the 24th so maybe we'll see some of you there! Maybe?
- Ben has been really busy this summer! First there was Youth Conference, then High Adventure just a couple weeks later & with work and us going down to Utah and having visitors up here (which we love!!!) he feels a little like he can't breathe. But don't worry, he's fine. :)
- When we came home from Salt Lake we brought our nephew Tanner with us so that he and Abby and Adam could do soccer camp. They had SO much fun! I think Adam wishes Tanner would just buckle down and live with us. :) Adam would love a brother!
- Dave and Suzy came up after soccer camp & spent a few days with us. We always have tons of fun when they're here. For the 4th we did about 2 1/2 hrs worth of fireworks. It was so fun! In the end Amber and Allie fell asleep on me while the really, really noisy "grand finale" was going on. They were wiped out!
- I got my hair cut.
- Ben and I got really cool new phones (but we still have the same numbers).
- I don't think I have anything else.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Sorry, it's been a while
I didn't realize how long it's been since I've written anything. It's been a while! I keep thinking that nothing much is happening when in reality we're really busy. So I'm making this a bullet post so I don't have to do a ton of new ones. Sorry 'bout that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
oh my goodness, Allie is getting so BIG! I was thinking it has been almost a year since have seen you guys last! Crazy how time flies by.
Sounds like you have been busy! I love that park in West Jordan, the kids always play so well there. Allie's haircut looks really cute!
Wow you have had a ton of fun this summer! I haven't been to the West Jordan Park for a long time- it freaked me out last time we went because I had a hard time keeping an eye on all the kids at once- but that was a few years ago and now they are older- maybe we'll give it another try on the
24th:)
So much fun! I wish I would have come over this past week and visited with you more. Our closing date was moved another week, so hopefully this next weekend we will be all done with it! I can't wait to see your family pictures! Have fun this weekend in Utah-we are taking the big kids to Lagoon Mon and Tues. It should be fun!
Jennie, that park is the one right by my parent's house. lol Small world!
Sounds like your summer has been busier than ours. And I thought we were busy! But it sounds like fun. Thanks for posting the picture of the boys at soccer camp - I haven't seen those yet! I love your new background. :)
Post a Comment