Saturday, October 18, 2008

This past week

This past week seems like it's been so busy, but I guess it hasn't. Actually I think everything seems busy when the kids are in school. We had our first stitches incident last Friday. I think we're lucky to have made it this long! Amber is our accident prone child. She doesn't know how to walk! She only runs, skips and jumps everywhere. We constantly tell her to slow down (because she falls ALL the time!) but she says, "I LOVE to run. And skip. And jump. Because it's so fun!" So, she was running down the hall with a fruit roll-up box and tripped and fell. The corner of the box dug into her pinky finger and gashed it pretty good. I hadn't eaten in a while & was already feeling shaky, so when I saw the blood, I seriously just about passed out. I don't think I've gotten that close to it since the last time I passed out. And of course Ben was on his way home from Alabama, so he couldn't help. He felt so bad! Luckily I had iron stomach Abby there! She ran & grabbed a wash cloth, the first aid kit, & the phone (to find a babysitter - Thank you Chelsons!!) for me while I sat with Amber on my lap & my head between my knees (it was tricky!) so that I wouldn't pass out. Anyways, Amber got 4 stitches. She says she got 4 because she's 4 years old. I know this won't be our last trip to the ER w/ her, but I hope we don't have too many! She had her stitches taken out yesterday & I think she was more nervous for that than getting them put in. It didn't help that the doctor taking them out had a horrible bedside manner. I had to ask him if she could have a sucker or something as a reward for being good. He offered nothing! Oh well, it's done.

Amber showing off her bandaged hand. She loved having it wrapped up all the time! Oh, and notice Allie's eye. She's decided that she needs to be in every picture ever taken. So cute!


Tonight we have the annual Elder's Quorum pinewood derby. Ben has used the same car for the past 4 years. It never wins. In fact, I think every year it's come in dead last. But, he never has the time to make a new one! So, I guess this one shows his true colors & that's what is important. He has fun with it anyways. Oh, and we're having prime rib! I'm so excited!

Ben's derby car. It's not even shaped into anything but a block! And I'm the one who painted it! Silly man. But, he thinks it's awesome. :)


We had our family pictures taken this morning. I hope they turn out nice! It was a fund raiser for the Elementary school & I know when we go pick them up they'll try to get us to buy more. Stay strong Jennie! Of course, I guess I could count pictures as my Christmas presents... I'll have to think about that. We decided to take a few in our backyard when we got home so that we can make our own Christmas cards this year (hence the new header). We'll see how creative I can get I guess.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great weekend! Thanks for visiting & keeping up with our little family!

9 comments:

At Last said...

Your family picture is so cute!! Your kids are adorable! And you look super good!! Go you with the blood thing. I would have passed out, I am not good with that stuff. I am glad she is ok and don't you just love those dr.s with the bedside manner....agh!I hope you are doing good:)

Jodi said...

I love the family picture! You look so pretty! Your family is just so cute!

Allison said...

I'm glad Amber is okay and you didn't pass out! Your family picture is adorable.

Nicole said...

I love the new header! Very cute.

Stephers said...

Your family picture is darling! You have such cute kids. I cannot believe how much your little man looks like your hubby. Pretty impressive that you did go this long without any major medical problems! I am just dreading the day. Glad to see an update :)

Suzy said...

Cute picture! I love it. It will make for a very cute christmas card. So last night we played hearts with some neighbors and it made me miss you guys. Can't wait for thanksgiving! You are still coming, right???

Jennifer said...

stitches! Yikes! I'm still waiting for our turn. We have come close a few times. I can't believe the Elder's Quorum has put on a pine wood derby for 4 years now! Has it been that long??? I remember the first one but not sure we made it to the second.

Amanda said...

I love love your family pics! They are so cute- post some more!!

Becca said...

Really great picture! Your family is so cute! I love the pinewood derby car. We had a derby and I have a car that I made into a VW Beetle. It's cute, but it never won. :) Oh well, it makes for a fun activity!