LOTS of pictures!!!
This last week was the Elementary school's annual Halloween carnival. This year we actually had a pretty good time. I think because Allie was a bit older this year & didn't get exhausted 1/2 way through. It was fun! The kids' make-up & hair took forever! I really underestimated how long it would take to get them ready. Oh well. I have to brag for a minute though. I made all of their Halloween costumes this year & they turned out AWESOME!!! They all fit (with a few adjustments) and I thought they looked really cute. So, of course, I have to include a picture of each individual costume! I'm definately not a great seamstress, but I made it work. Hooray!! On Halloween night Ben & I are planning on dressing up too, so I'll take another picture of all of us & post it later, but I just had to get these on here. I'm so excited they worked!
Abby the Gypsy. She originally wanted purple & gold, but they didn't have any gold, so she got purple & silver. She dances around like a gypsy all over the place now!
For FHE tonight we carved pumpkins. It was fun. The kids drew their own faces on this year & for the most part cleaned & carved their own pumpkins (except Allie, but she helped!) She wasn't sure what to make of the pumpkin goo, but she had lots of fun sticking the carvers in the pumpkin & pretending to scoop out the seeds. Of course, she is once again shirtless. One day I think (hope!) she'll learn that she's a girl & has to keep her shirt on! But I guess shirtless is a good way to be when you're 2 & carving pumpkins. I'll post pictures of the pumpkins all lit up after we get some candles. We forgot those!
Adam was really proud of his pumpkin cleaning skills!
It has been absolutely gorgeous here! It was 70 degrees here today & is supposed to stay nice all the way through the week. Normally the weather here around Halloween is in the mid 40's during the day & 20's at night (pretty much like Salt Lake, but usually a bit colder). Anyways, Ben & the kids went out back & played soccer for a while before dinner & since this is probably the last time they'll be able to do that until spring, I decided to take some pictures. Adam came in after they were done & said, "That was the most fun of my whole life!" He is really beginning to LOVE soccer! (Just like his dad & uncles!) He comes home & tells me all about the soccer games they play at every recess. I'm so glad he's got a sport that he loves & is good at.
Also, the kids had their Primary Program this past Sunday. They all had their parts memorized & they weren't even nervous. They did so well! I play the piano in Primary, so I get to see/hear them every week, but there is something special about the program. I loved it! Oh, Allie calls all of them "Doo-dah" so whenever one of them had a part we could hear Allie yelling "Hi Doo-dah!" and I'd occasionally hear her yelling "Hi Mommy!" It was very cute. So, I guess that's all! I'll post more pictures of all of us on Halloween later. Hopefully I'll get a bit better at the makeup. :)
10 comments:
SUPER FANTASTIC JOB ON THE OUTFITS! I love Allie as Dorothy... that seriously is the cutest picture I have ever seen :) Sounds like life is GREAT! Wish we could see you more often. Let us know the next time you are down here and we can try and get together. I know with the holidays it may be hard, but it would be so much fun!
What cute costumes I am impressed that you made them yourself! Great Job!
I can't wait to see what you and Ben dress up like too!
We LOVE Halloween around here!!
Can't believe it's already here and that Thanksgiving is almost here!
-Sally
Wow!!! Those were great outfits. You did all that yourself??? You did a fantastic job. My mom tried to make me a gypsy custom when I was about Abby's age. It looked awful and I was so embarrassed. It was just a sheet with glitter puff paints. Nobody knew what the heck I was. I wish I had you for a mommy back then. Her gyspy outfit looks great. Allie looks adorable as Dorthy!! I can't wait to see how Savannah's outfit will look on her. Adam looks so much bigger in the picture with his pumpkin. And Amber is still a cute as ever. love her pose.
The outfits look so cute!!! Your new family picture is beautiful. What a great family you have!!
I can't believe you made all the costumes, good for you. They look great. You have such a cute family.
I know I already commented on these pictures on facebook but I just love them. You're such a good mom for making all their costumes. We carved pumpkins too. So much fun!
I'm back!!! Love the costumes! The kids all look great! Holy cow Adam-You can't even tell who he is!! You are so talented. I wish I could sew. I'm glad we can keep in touch. Talk to you soon!
Great pictures, Jennie! You did a great job! And you and Ben both looked great Halloween. what fun!
Holy cow! You go girl!! Quite the talent you have there! Glad you all had a good time! Your kids are super cute!!
ooh, I love your new background. We're so excited for Thanksgiving. Tanner keeps saying how excited he is for Abby and Adam to come for Thanksgiving Point.
Post a Comment