Friday, November 7, 2008

SNOW!!!


We've had our first "real" snow of the season. It only snowed about 2 inches, but 2 inches up here can literally take until April to melt. Seriously. So, I think we'll have snow now until at least April. It begins. The kids have had a lot of fun with it though. They built a few snowmen & had little snowball fights. The snowballs have turned into chunks of ice on our driveway now though. Oh, the joys of Idaho. Not even Idaho - Saint Anthony, Idaho. It's not like this everywhere. We decided that if we do end up building a house we're going to put in a heated driveway. Wouldn't that be nice?

Amber & Allie playing in the snow. It's not much (yet!) but they had so much fun!


Allie trying to get up on the trampoline w/ Amber. She tried so hard, but the snowpants were just too bulky.

Allie in her snow clothes. We bought this outfit when Abby was 18 mo. old & it's lasted through all 3 girls & is still in great condition. What a great investment!

Here are the pictures of Ben & I on Halloween. The kids loved that we dressed up, too. They kept calling me to the door so their friends could see me & they'd say, "My mom is a real witch today!" Boy, that made me feel good! :) I was going to put on a big yucky nose & warts & all, but I didn't have time. So I ended up being a witch with a green face. Ben looked pretty good, I think. The fangs hurt his mouth pretty bad. He still has a sore mouth from them. Poor thing.


For some reason Allie would only eat her Halloween candy in the fireplace. It's a good thing we don't use it!

Here we are! My face is green (if you can't tell). We had a lot of fun!


Close-up Amber. She had to have a picture of her make-up. (Even though it was all smeared off by this point!)

Abby's eyelashes. She loved them!

So, things are going pretty well here. We're getting ready for Thanksgiving & Christmas. We actually have quite a bit of our Christmas shopping done already. We never start shopping this early, so I'm hoping we'll get done early. Oh, I bought a pack of 100 ornaments at Sam's Club last week for $30! And they are so nice! I can't wait to put up our Christmas trees this year. I have to constantly slow myself down so that I don't rush Thanksgiving. We'll be down in Salt Lake for Thanksgiving on Tuesday the 25th & coming back home Monday the 1st, so if anyone wants to get together, let us know! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't think I would have ever recognized you in that witch costume! You all had fantastic costumes! Love Abby's eyelashes. It is funny how we got a lot of snow a few weeks back and you guys got nothing but a very light dusting and this time you got a few inches and all we got was a light dusting. I sure hope the dusting continues, I'm not ready for a bunch of snow.

kathybrokens said...

You all looked adorable. I laughed when I saw you at the church. If you wouldn't have had your kids with you I would have never known it was you!! What fun..

Lisa said...

Great pics, Jennie. And You did a FABULOUS job on the costumes, too. You did an amazin job sewing them.