Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Laundry Day

I'm having what I like to call "a day" today. I don't want to do anything! First of all, for those who don't know me all that well, I HATE laundry. The sorting, washing, drying, folding, putting away, not to mention ironing. I wish we could wear disposable clothes, or recyclable clothes (I guess that's what laundry is though, isn't it?) Anyways, that's what I've been doing all day. So, the more I do, the grumpier I get thinking, "Why do I have to do all the laundry? Why can't someone else come and do it? I still have dishes /cleaning / reading / playing, /etc.... to do. No more laundry!" Anyways - so now I've gotten myself into a super bad mood (doesn't help that Ben was grumpy when he left this morning...) I wouldn't let any friends in the house today - just because. I made the kids do all of their jobs without even a smile or a good job or a thank you from me. I stormed off in the middle of making dinner because I was just about to swear at the microwave that wouldn't open. (Thanks for finishing dinner, Ben!) Then I come out after dinner and I still had to do the dishes. (Dishes follow closely behind laundry in my book.) I'm considering locking myself in my room for the rest of the night (or week!) and going out and getting a job so that I can have a bit more grown-up conversation and company. Now, I get this way every now and then and it lasts all of a day. So, I know that tomorrow I'll be totally back to normal. But it's always refreshing to me to know that other people have "days" and that they're human. I think I'm the most human of them all. For the most part I feel like I'm a good mom, but today - not so much! Anyways, wish me luck on my better day tomorrow and have a great day yourself! :)

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Jennie, I am wishing you a great day tomorrow. I know EXACTLY how you feel I have had plenty of "days". I know my kids sure hate them and I always feel bad at the end of the day for biting their heads off. Anyway, good luck tomorrow my thoughts are with you.

val said...

I totally have those days. Everyone does. The great thing is, a new day comes around everyday.
Wouldn't life be easy with a nanny? :)

Stephers said...

I am sorry :( I hate those days too! Don't you just wish you could hire a nanny sometimes? I just feel so bad after days like this though, just because I have treated my kids poorly and that make me feel bad as a mom! But we are allowed to have them once in a while, we wouldn't be human if we didn't! Hang in there, good luck with the rest of the week!

Lisa said...

Jen, yes, I have days like that too. Glad to see you are feeling much better today. Wonder if it has anything to do with a certain book. . . ;) Thanks for coming by tonight. It was real good to chat with you. Expect to see me stop by your place some time this week. On to regular days. Time to get ready for fall! ;)
(But not without enjoying a bit more summer, that is.)

Harris Family said...

Mine is still in a huge pile in the laundry room. I keep hoping that the pile will grow feet and hop into the washer-but wait, it can't! There are moldy towels in there that I washed a week ago. hang in there, I feel your pain!

RaeLynn said...

Oh Jennie--I am 100% in your boat this week. I have been grump lately because I've been so busy! And for the record, I love locking myself in my room to read or just relax!

Hollie Wood said...

I hear ya girl!! I hate cleaning the house and it doesn't even get to go an entire day looking like it just got cleaned...so what's the point...but then I have to tell myself What's the point of having a home if you can't "live" in it? What's the point of wearing clothes unless you can do something in them and enjoy yourself...but I DEFINITELY HAVE THOSE DAYS TOO...more like weeks at a time!

Suzy said...

I love you Jennie! You make me laugh. I wish we lived closer to each other because I think we'd have a lot of fun. Best of luck for your next laundry day!

Becca said...

I hate days like that! Mine was about to start out that way today. Since I've been gone so much, I had to catch up on the laundry and everything else. Well, I realized that I really didn't want to do it, so I didn't. Maybe that's not the most grown up attitude to have, but hey, some days I don't want to be grown up! It sucks to go through, but it's a little nice to hear that everyone else has those 'days' too. Thanks for making me fell a little more normal and I hope things are better now!