I'm going to try & give this blogging thing another shot. Maybe, just maybe I'll keep it up. No promises though. :) I'm trying to work on my header but I can't figure it out. When I have a bit more time & patience I'll try to get it right.
Summer has FLOWN by! School starts in a month! Crazy. We've been pretty busy. We celebrated 3 of our kids birthdays in June. Can you say expensive??? At least all of our birthdays fall about 1/2 way through the year instead of right next to Christmas. All of the kids got new bikes for their birthdays this year & they couldn't be happier. All they want to do is ride their bikes, which I'm *usually* okay with. Abby turned 11 on April 11, Aiden turned 1 on April 16, Adam turned 9 & Amber turned 7 on June 14, and Allie turned 5 on June 27. Whew!
We went camping over the 4th of July for my family reunion. It was so much fun! But it rained for 3 out of 5 days. Like, pouring rain and hail and thunder and lightning. But it was awesome! Some of our wonderful friends let us borrow their trailer so we wouldn't have to tent it (thank goodness!) and it was perfect for our family. So fun!! The kids loved being in the forest & playing with their cousins. Of course their favorite spot was in the mud, which didn't thrill me, but oh well. Camping is supposed to be dirty, right?
We visited Utah twice in July. It was so nice to be able to spend time with our families & a few friends while we were there. And it was so warm! We went swimming with Tennille and her family one day up at Oquirrh Park Fitness Center. The kids had a blast! And so did I. I had to calm myself down a couple times because I'm not super comfortable having my kids around so much water, but we really had so much fun.
Ben is still working, working, working. His work takes him away from home for about 4 nights a week, so we miss him. A lot. But we're learning to deal with it & make the most of the time he's at home. He really misses being at home & one of his new favorite things to do while he's here is put the kids to bed. I say go ahead! That's the most difficult time of day for me, so any help I can get is wonderful.
We're trying to get the kids ready for school to start. It's so expensive! We've cleaned out their old clothes and realized that they really don't need a lot of new stuff. Luckily we still have a month to get ready because I haven't even started school shopping.
I've been starting to run on a regular basis & I'm getting pretty okay at it. I don't love it yet, but I'm really hoping that before to long I'll start to enjoy it. I can usually run for about 5 minutes at a time without dying, so that's a start!
Anyways, I'll try to keep up on my blog. I rarely think about it & when I do I feel like I don't have anything interesting to say, so I don't say anything at all. Thanks for stopping by!
1 comment:
I think you are completely adorable. :) I loved catching up on your family, and honestly, these quarterly updates are just fine with me!!
I know what you mean about Daddies working... My husband is a police officer (I think you knew that?) and he works A LOT. Only he comes home every day, ha. But there are days that go by and kids don't see him. I think I'm also trying to really appreciate the one-on-one time I have with the kids and try to be FUN, not be so stressed. It's a work in progress, ha.
One other thought... I read somewhere within the last couple of weeks that-- OH, OH! It's a talk by Patricia Holland!--that we don't HAVE to do things like everyone else does. Like for you and blogging. For me, I blog pretty regularly and for me, it's theraputic! For you, you just don't think about it all that often and that's okay--there are other things that are uniquely you that make you a custom fit for your family. :) Listen to me lecture, ha ha. But it's true and it's relieved me of some of the guilt I was feeling about not being super mom. Hopefully it will be a nice little thought for you, too. :)
Post a Comment