Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Easter

Since Easter was over 3 weeks ago I figure now is a good time to post about it! :) We had a good Easter. Small, but good. I've never even thought of the Easter Bunny hiding baskets, ours just leaves them where the kids put them the night before. Apparently our bunny isn't very clever. But he sure brings good candy and LOTS of eggs!

Our beautiful kids before church. Seriously - so cute!

This year he made the eggs invisible until after church. The kids thought this was a pretty cool trick and wondered all day how in the world the eggs stay invisible. I just told them that he's tricky. Grandma Peterson sent some eggs up from the family egg hunt so the kids had two egg hunts and loved it!


Abby helping Allie find an egg. (p.s. please ignore the peeling paint - we know it needs to be painted again and next time NOT gray!)

We made sure to talk to them about the real meaning of Easter before church. And sharing time in Primary was wonderful! I couldn't have done anything as clever and meaningful as that was. After lunch and before I would let them look for their eggs we watched the Living Scriptures video about the Resurrection. I think Abby and Adam really understood this year! I love watching the little light bulbs in their heads when they really get something. It makes all of the hard parts of parenting worth it.


The kids with some of their eggs at the end of the first egg hunt.

I'm grateful for the Easter season and the chance we have to really concentrate and focus on the Atonement and what it is truly all about. I'm also grateful that we're able to teach our children and strengthen our testimonies right along with theirs.

5 comments:

Suzy said...

Cute Easter outfits! You're such a good mom. Our church doesn't start until 2:30 so we did all the egg hunting before church. It looks warm there. I'm excited to come visit this summer!

Janice said...

What a great Easter, how refreshing to finally have some sun! You're children are beautiful and we love them all!

Allison said...

I love the Easter outfits. They all look so cute.

Anonymous said...

loved the Easter pictures, I can't say it enough, what fun parents you and Ben are.

Hollie Wood said...

I love their Easter outfits! Too cute! :) Your kids are adorable.