So, we went to Utah this weekend for a really quick trip. It was a LOT of fun seeing both of our families. It was somewhat spur-of-the-moment, so we didn't have time to really plan anything or see any friends, but we still had fun. Allie was crying so hard when we pulled into our garage last night. She wanted to go back! And unfortunately she no longer has her teddy bear ("beaw") to comfort her.
Here is the bear! Isn't it cute?
On Monday we got all packed up and ready to go. We had everything out in the Yukon & the kids had gone potty and we told them to get their stuffed animals & head out to the car. Well, we couldn't find Allie's bear ANYWHERE!!! My Mom, Ben and I (and all 4 kids) looked for about an hour for her bear. In every cupboard, laundry basket (her usual hiding place), under every bed, in the washers and dryers, in all the toilets, etc. and the poor bear is just GONE. So then we thought "Well, maybe we already packed it & didn't notice" and off we went. We got home last night & unpacked - no bear. She woke up about 4 times last night looking for it & it makes me so sad! My parents are still looking for it - hopefully it will magically reappear, but if not - here is my desperate plea: If you have one exactly like this (anyone who has a child attached to anything knows it has to be exact :)) and are willing to part with it - I will buy it from you and pay shipping to get it here. I think it's from Hallmark in 2006. I spent all morning online looking for one & I can't find one. If we don't find it it's not the end of the world, but I'm not ready for her to be done with her teddy bear. She's not even 3 yet & she's my baby! I know someday I'll be wishing for it to just disappear, but not yet!
I know I posted this picture in the last post, but here's the teddy bear again. It's bib says "My First Christmas". (I think!)
8 comments:
I am so sorry for your lost. Wish I could help! Both RJ and Savannah have had and still do have stuffed animal attachments. I can totally sympathies. Hope some one finds the little bear or you can find a replacement soon. Good luck.
Oh that's so sad! Kiara has a little bear that goes EVERYWHERE with us. At one point we had the original and 2 backups I had grabbed when I saw them in Quilted Bear but now we are down to the last one (glad I had gotten the extras when I saw them)! If we lose this one it will be very traumatic. I hope you can find a replacement very soon.
Sad! I'll search my house. Maybe it's here.
That is so sad! I'm glad that I found your blog though. How are you guys? I can't believe that your kids are so grown up. We are all getting so old! Hope all is going well. Let us know the next time you come down to Utah. We would love to see you. Hope you find Hallmark bear soon.
Oh my gosh! I don't know what I'd do if my kids lost their blankets... OR Emily has gotten really attached to ALL of her stuffed animals. We have a lion that is allowed in the car, but the rest are required to stay home. :) Generally, the blankets are required to stay in the car. Scooter's pretty much given up his blanket, and he doesn't suck his thumb any more when he has it, which is good... :) I can't decide if I'm happy about his giving up his blanket or not..... :)
Sad...I still have my bear!! I wish I had one like that...I would totally give it to her. I'm sorry...poor girl.
So sweet. I am so sorry you couldn't find it. Makes me sad I don't have one to send you! Hope you are able to duplicate it or find the actual bear. Such a cute story.
Sad, Reese has "band-aid dog" and we kind of lost him once at Old Navy, he was in some other kids hands, so we ripped him away and saved his life. So I totally know how you feel. I know someday I will have to take him away but for now I love him as much as she does. I saw your post that her bear is back, I am sooo happy for you. Your kids are adorable, I love all their pictures.
Post a Comment