We had a great, long Thanksgiving! It seemed really long because we spent a week in Utah, but we were so busy!!! It was fun. Thanksgiving morning we had breakfast at my parents house with Tennille & Chet & their 4 kids and Tyler & Karina and their daughter. It was a lot of fun. Well, Ben and Tyler weren't there because they've turned their annual Thanksgiving morning football game into a disc golf game (which takes about 3x as long!) but they joined us eventually. Then my mom taught us ladies how to make yummy chocolates & mints. It's a very loud process, but it's fun! We went to Dave & Suzy's after that for dinner with Ben's family. His WHOLE family was in town! It was so nice to have his whole family there. And some of Suzy's family was there, too. So, again it was crowded, but it was great! Then we ran over to my grandparents house for cake and pie. This year Thanksgiving fell on my grandpa's birthday (he's 79 - Happy Birthday Grandpa Wardle!) so we said a quick "Happy Birthday" and said hello to anyone who would say hello to us (it's a strange situation and not many people acknowledge us for some reason) and headed back to Dave and Suzy's for family pictures and "snuggle-my-sort-of-new-nephew" time. What a cutie! We are so blessed to have such great families! And to have such good relationships with all of them. I really hit the jackpot when I married into Ben's family & I know he feels the same way about mine. We are the luckiest!
Friday we went down to Pleasant Grove to see Tyler & Karina's new house. It's perfect for them! We also ate at the "Purple Turtle" there in town. Very, very good place with a weird name. It reminded me of "Big J's" that we have here in town (yes, the same as from Napoleon Dynamite) but better. We had a very fun, cold time on the playground there in the neighborhood. The kids didn't seem to mind at all, but us wimpy adults were freezing our tookas off! Kids are so resilient. Later that night we had another family dinner (with a monster pizza from The Pie) and us girls tried really hard to get the kids down before heading off to see "Twilight" again. I liked it even better the 2nd time, by the way. The boys stayed and watched over the kids while watching "Hancock". Then we had a big family sleepover.
Saturday we headed over to Dan & Angie's house after another big breakfast to let the kids play. And Dan & Ben play too! Ben got a taste of the wii & needless to say, we now have one. It's for Christmas, but let's see if it stays in the box that long! Anyways, we went over to Ben's parents' house to play games that night & just ended up talking and laughing.
Sunday was church at my parents ward. The kids were actually better in their Sacrament meeting than in ours! And they went to class really easily too. And I got to go to Sunday School and Relief Society! What a treat! Let's see, then naps, their Stake Christmas program (which my dad sang in), another Thanksgiving dinner, setting up the Christmas tree, and playing piano duets with Tennille. Then we stayed up late watching movies. What a fun trip!!!
Of course, I didn't take any pictures. That's what I do! I forget. So, other people took pictures & hopefully I can get some from them! I know it probably doesn't sound all that exciting to other people, but we had a great time! It's nice to be home now though. We're looking forward to getting ready for Christmas. Thank goodness we set up our decorations before we left for Thanksgiving. I don't think I'd have the time or energy to do it between now & Christmas! So, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Thanks for visiting!
4 comments:
Sounds like a great time! Isn't it great to get together with family? I love holidays. We went to our house in St. Anthony and got to see the inside-sooo cute!! It's amazing how great one can decorate with MONEY! We then drove down the street and could see the Christmas tree in your window. It looked so cheery. The kids were sad that you guys were gone, but we'll catch you one of these days! I'm excited for your wii. Say good bye to Ben. It is an addicting habit like blogging. We still love ours! Talk to you later. I have to go to the dentist to get a crown this morning!
WOW, just reading that makes me tired. Sounds like fun times and it truly sounds like you have the GREATEST families :) Hope we get to see you when you come for Christmas. I am still hoping our friends try and put something together :)
Sounds like such a great weekend! I love Thanksgiving because it is nice to have an extra long weekend! When are you coming into town again? Let me know! It would be great to plan a little get together.
It was so much fun hanging out with you guys. I haven't even had a chance to look at our family pictures. things have been crazy around here. Tanner started up swimming again. I'm sewing blankets for my kids' christmas gifts. And now Tanner and will have the stomach flu. But anyway, it sounds like you guys had a fun trip & I'm happy we got to see you!
Post a Comment