Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas is coming!!!

I just have to write a quick post & say how excited I am for Christmas!!! I LOVE Christmas! It's my favorite holiday by far. Since we've had kids I've had a hard time catching the Christmas spirit - until last year when we got our shopping done early. Granted, it was only 2 weeks early, but for those two weeks I think I was more excited for Christmas than the kids were! It's too bad it can become such a stressful time because when we are able to just sit back and enjoy it, it's awesome! We're finishing up our Christmas shopping on Monday, so that will leave 10 days to just kick back and enjoy the excitement.
One thing that I've always appreciated about Ben is that he tries to keep things simple. No elaborate, super expensive gifts & trying to out-do other people. He's taught me that it truly doesn't matter, and it actually takes away from what Christmas really means. And on that note, let me just say - it drives me insane when people write or say X-mas. We try so hard to keep Christ in Christmas & then when I see it written with "Christ" taken out for some reason it just bugs me! Random, I know.
One of my favorite things to do is to turn all the lights off in the house except the Christmas tree (my parents used to do this with us when we were kids) and sit in front of the tree and drink hot chocolate. Or wassail, or spiced cider, or egg nog, just something festive. Especially when it's snowing outside. That's when it's really Christmas time to me!
So, the lights are up on the house (and working this year - good job Ben!!!) the trees are up and beautiful if I do say so myself. Christmas music is constantly playing or being sung and about 1/2 of the presents are wrapped and the shopping will be done within a week. How exciting! It's almost here! So, good luck to everyone in getting ready and I hope we can all keep the Christmas spirit this year.
Merry Christmas!!!
By the way, we'll be in Utah the 23rd - 29th, just in case you're interested!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Yea! We will be in Utah from the 23rd to Jan. 1st so I really hope we can get together!

Harris Family said...

I agree with the X-mas thing. That has always bugged me too! I love the Christmas holiday the most too. I told Shane that it just feels different this year because it's not at "our house". We are trying to keep all of our same traditions here, but we definately miss it there. I am making more friends and am exercising in the mornings at the high school indoor track with a bunch of friends in our ward. We miss you guys. Tell everyone hi!

Lisa said...

YEA! Jennie, you've got to get a picture of your Christmas tree up. It is so pretty. I bet you're loving it today: snowing and COLD! Hope you've got your hot cocoa to drink. Good job on the piano today. Glad you were there.:) (Glad I was there, too ;)See you soon. Come see my tree!

kathybrokens said...

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.