Monday, July 21, 2008

Our Weekend...

So, we had an awesome weekend! Well, at least I thought so. We had Dave & Suzy (Ben's brother & wife) and their three kids: Tanner (4), Will (2), and Ethan (2 mo.) and their dog, Harley here. As well as Ben's other brother - Jon, and Dave's friend -Kyle. We went disc golfing (3 times for the guys!) and four-wheeling. We went and saw this gorgeous waterfall just about 30 min. from our house (Mesa Falls for all you visitors!) We went to lunch and ate yummy dinners and at night played Rockband - which I'm now addicted to and don't own! What a pickle! But it was just nice having family here. They are some of our very favorite people because we're just so similar. Sleeping didn't really happen the way it normally does. What is it about kids that they think it's fun to get up with the sun and then not go to sleep at night? No, they did pretty well - with a little reminding. :)

Most of us at Mesa Falls (Allie, Jennie, Amber, Adam, Abby, Jon, Suzy, Tanner, Dave, Will, Ethan)


One of the funniest things was Adam and Tanner. They had to dress alike every day. Then they kept running around with random sticks pointed at each other shouting, "Expelliarmus!" They played Mario Kart and jumped on the trampoline and were completely inseperable all weekend. It's great that they're friends as well as cousins. And Tanner is over a year younger than Adam, but he's taller. Poor Adam. One day he'll grow!

Tanner, Will and Adam

Allie and Will were adorable, too! They loved to jump on the trampoline with the sprinkler under it. Will wasn't sure about it at first, but it didn't take him too long to get the hang of it. Two year olds are funny. I think they went through pretty much all of our chips and then really wouldn't eat anything else. (Allie anyways - and don't ask her to share!)


Allie and Will on the tramp - not the best picture, but at least you can see their faces! (not their bums!)

But, now that they're gone, I'm looking at my house & thinking that it's empty. It feels that way now that there are only the 6 of us and our animals! (After having 6 adults, 7 kids, 3 dogs and a cat!) What a great weekend! Thanks for coming to visit guys! Come again soon.


Our little family - notice how thrilled Allie is. She was a bit nervous!



Just a sweet picture of Abby and Allie. What beauties!

And sweet Amber-loo. Can't forget our princess!

Allie playing "peek-a-boo" in her closet.

7 comments:

Stephers said...

I love family time! That is so great everyone came in the same weekend. Darling pictures of you and the kids at the falls. You're little girlies are just darling.

Nicole said...

How fun! Sounds like an awesome group of people to be related to.

John-David and Kathryn said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun. You guys are so close to some pretty places. I will be in Island park for a few days at the end of August. It's so pretty up your direction.

Jennifer said...

You have got some sweet pics. Love Allie's smile at the bottom, so cute. Isn't nice to get together with family. Lucky you!!

Suzzanne G said...

You have such a beautiful family Jennie! Adam is lucky to have three adorable sisters, but I am sure that having his male cousin around all weekend was a nice change. Are you guys going to the Eastern Idaho State Fair? We will be there for the snow cones and fresh ice cream. Maybe we'll see you on that trip!

P.S. You are right about William looking like Shawn! Everyone has said that from the very beginning. Shawn is handsome though, so I don't mind :)

Amanda said...

Your girls are so beautiful! I love family things like that. What a beautiful place.

Suzy said...

I just started a blog with blogspot. Help me! How do I put links to my friends like you did?