Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Aiden Carlton Lokey

He's Here!!!

 Here he is about an hour before going into the NICU. I have pictures of him in there, but they're on my phone.

We have a beautiful new baby boy. Seriously beautiful. I went into labor on Friday the 16th & he was born at 9:07 p.m. Everything went absolutely perfectly (except he has a 15" head - ouch, and when he was born he re-broke my tailbone - OUCH!!!) but we're so excited to finally have him here. On Saturday morning our nurse came in and said she thought he was breathing really fast & looked kind of dusky, so she took him to the NICU. Ben and I were not happy. The only other time we've had to experience an ICU of any kind was with Adam and that was a major, long ordeal. So when she said she was taking him in, it really scared us. But, it turns out it was a really good thing. Apparently when he was born he aspirated a bit of fluid into his lungs (luckily there was no meconium though) so now we've been in the NICU with him since Saturday morning. He's doing SO much better though. They took him off of his IV this afternoon and he's just about off of his oxygen. There's a small chance we'll have to bring him home on a little bit of oxygen though because I guess in cases like his babies usually have a hard time letting go of that last little bit and breathing room air. He's at .7% right now though so we're hoping that by this afternoon he'll be able to be off of it altogether. Keep your fingers crossed (and your prayers said :)  

 This is Aiden with Grandma about an hour after he was born. He looks a lot like Adam and Ben. Very handsome. :)

Other than all of that though, he is such a sweet baby. He rarely cries - for now - and we've even gotten a few smiles while he's been awake. The hardest part about all of this is that our other kids haven't even had a chance to see him yet. They've been so excited and patient for a baby brother and they haven't even met him. I've had to spend 99% of my time with him since I'm nursing and since I can't get around very well on my own thanks to the broken tailbone, I've really relied on Ben to be my legs. My mom has had our kids for the past few days and we're so thankful that she's been available and willing to help. She's doing a great job keeping the kids optimistic and accepting. Luckily we have amazing children and they're not a single bit jealous, just excited to finally meet their baby brother. We've been so blessed with great family and friends that have felt like family. I'll keep you updated and let you know when the little guy gets to come home. (For the 3 people that still read my blog. :) It shouldn't be too long!

10 comments:

Harris Family said...

We are so happy for your family. Every time we kneel for family prayer, we pray for little Aiden to be able to come home. We can't wait to see him! Sorry to hear about the tailbone. That must be miserable! Hang in there!

Stephers said...

So GREAT!! He is adorable.

Amanda said...

Congratulations!! What a sweetie! So sorry that he had to be in the NICU- but so glad he is doing good. I totally can sympathize about the tailbone issue- I had a similar problem and couldn't sit for weeks after I had Ethan. Good luck with the new little guy!

Allison said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. We'll pray he will be home soon.

Jennifer said...

Looks, like there are more then 3 people who read your blogs :) Congratulations!!!! He is a beauty! I am SOOOO excited for you and your family. Hope you tailbone gets well soon, that can't be fun at all. Wishing you the best the next few weeks.

Jared said...

Yeahh! he's here! Sorry to hear abt NICU but glad to hear he is doing much better. We will pray for you both and your family! Love you guys!

Nicole said...

Congrats! He is so cute and I love his name. I hope he can go home soon!

Matt and Lori said...

He is such a cutie! I am glad to hear he is doing better. Congrats on such an amazing family...but it is nowonder, you and Ben are amazing parents. And I still read your blog, I just never comment. Love you guys and hope your little one gets to come home soon.

Kyle and Jamie said...

Congrats!! He is so cute!! I'm glad he is ok...good luck with your tailbone!

Tiffany Ann said...

Yay, he's here congrats, he's so cute and tiny! I am so glad he's doing ok.