Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Winter & Random Pictures


I know it's been a while since I've posted anything, but seriously nothing exciting is going on. I've found we have busy lives, but nothing exciting! I'm done with the "funk" of my last post. I've decided it was a combination of cabin fever (more on that in a minute) and my own laziness. I started exercising about 3 weeks ago & I can't believe the changes I've noticed in myself! I have a ton more energy, I'm almost always in a good mood, I'm a lot more patient, and last but not least - I fit into my pants better! Hooray! So, I'm doing my best to make it a habit & a priority. I need it.


The ice overhang. Ben knocked it off & luckily it didn't fall on him! It made a HUGE pile of snowy ice on the driveway though!

So about the cabin fever. I'm a little frustrated with the groundhog because he saw his shadow. After going through our sixth winter up here you'd think we'd be used to it, but nope! I still get amazed/disgusted at the amount of snow still on our grass (about 3 ft. in front & a good 2 ft. in back!) We have ice overhangs from the snow sliding off the roof (thank you metal roof!) and a constant salt trail between the doorways. I dread winter up here! I love it through Christmas but I think after New Year's it needs to be gone. I know - I live in the wrong place. But I love it here! Knowing that we have a good 2 months of snow left isn't so fun. But, we have a clear driveway so the kids have been out riding their bikes & rollerblading. And snowboarding down the hill of snowblowed snow onto the driveway. We've been pretty healthy so far (knock on wood!). We've all had a cold & all of the kids still have lovely hacking coughs, but all in all it's not been too bad. It's going to be okay. But I want to play on the grass!!!


Allie in the "Hungry Hungry Hippos" box. Apparently it makes a good seat because...

Sam fell asleep in it!

The girls had their first dance performance last Saturday at the SFHS halftime. They did so well! I helped with Amber's class & it was a lot of fun. They have another one this Saturday evening at the Madison halftime. They've both really enjoyed their dance classes. Their teacher is wonderful. I absolutely love her! Their dances are clean, the costumes are modest, the music is clean. It's perfect for little girls. Their final performance (the big one) is in April, so I'll post some pictures & hopefully a video or two then, but trust me - it's cute! They're even going to do the hula!

Amber keeping one of our neighbor's new puppies warm. She's an adorable pomeranian. But honestly - we don't need any more roaming dogs around here!!!


Allie has gotten into the habit of getting out of bed and falling asleep by the door. We have to push her out of the way to get into her room so we can put her back to bed. None of the other kids did this. I love it!

I let the kids take my camera a couple times the past few days and this is what we got. I think we need a little practice! :)

Fuzzy Amber & fuzzy cat in the fuzzy kitchen. I think Abby took this one.


Me in all of my computering glory!



Amber washing her hands. At least it's now documented that she does wash her hands!

Amber's room. She must have taken this one. I don't know why. (p.s. I made the curtains!)

I've noticed a lot more people lately that have been cutting back on their computer time. I think it's so smart to limit it. I'm trying really hard to not be online every spare moment I have, but it's so hard! I read all of your blogs every few days - even if I don't post or comment. I'm trying really hard to prioritize & get my home & myself in order. I guess maybe that's my unconscious New Year's resolution! So, I hope you're all doing well. Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey, Jennie, Glad you were able to post something. That is so funny, the pictures with the hippo box. Have a great day. See you Friday!

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Cute curtains!!

Emily falls asleep by the door too... only I don't think it's as cute because... well, I'm not sure if I should tell you!! Because it could freak you out and you could stop thinking it's cute!! lol!!

I'm addicted to the computer too. In fact, Scooter just walked by my door saying, "I'm going to check my E-MAIL!" Oooooh dear. :) :)

Sally said...

Jenny, I totally hear you on trying to get yourself to cut back on computer time and get more important things done. I have Been a procrastinator lately!!! i wonder how long I can blame having a new born?
i think spring just needs to come!

Harris Family said...

I hear you on the computer thing! I'm trying to cut back too! Thanks for the reminder!

Allison said...

That ice is crazy. I love that picture of Allie in the box, she is so adorable!

kathybrokens said...

Sometimes the computer is my only outlet to the real world. I have got cabin fever so bad too. I would love to see some green grass!!

Stephers said...

So great that you are spending less time at the computer, I wish I could say the same. My kids are still napping three hours a day and so I use that time to catch up on blogging! Could be cleaning or doing laundry or some boring house chore, but I guess I am just a sucker ;) So glad to read what is new. Your kids are super cute!

RaeLynn said...

I am TOTALLY feeling cabin fever! It's kind of ridiculous. I am ready to burst. I wish I could escape to Vegas or Arizona right now...or better yet--CALIFORNIA! Yeah, after New Years Day the snow can get lost as far as I'm concerned.

I need to get back on track with exercising. I know it will make a big difference in my attitude. It's just that first step...

Suzy said...

I laughed so hard at the hungry hippos box pictures! Soooooo funny. And the picture of Allie sleeping on the floor is awesome! I miss you guys!